Thursday, February 28, 2013

Project 365 - Day 59 - If the warm weather won't come to us ...

So, you know I am over winter.  And with the 36 hour "storm" we just got, well that just made things worse.  So if the warm weather won't come to us, I am going to bring it to you.

Enter a shell that I found on one of our shelves.  No idea where this thing came from, Sonia probably knows.  It was likely something brought back by one of the nieces or nephews at some point.  But it does make a good prop.

This was shot with a 1.4x extension tube and my 60mm Macro.  0.5s at f/20.  I used a card to shape the light around the shell from an off camera flash.  Bumped up the red a bit in lightroom and cropped to make it punch more.  Also, turns out I have a spot on my lens or sensor, so I cropped those out too.

Here's the shot:


Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to clean a lens or sensor - or both!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment