Saturday, February 23, 2013

Project 365 - Day 54 - Another great day in Oakville

On Friday morning as I was driving into work there was a spactacular sunrise.  I was a little late for work, and I did not have my camera, so I didn't stop to take a shot.  So yesterday evening I decided that I would get up early today and go out to the lake to shoot the sunrise.

Evidently, today was not a sunrise shooting day.  I did, however, get to practice my panning technique.  Not quite there yet, but there were a lot of geese flying around to practice on.  I got one good shot, but it's against the grey sky so it's very uninteresting.

Today's shot is from that shoot, but it's a still of a mooring post that boats get tied to in the summer.  I have not been down here in the summer, but I assume that it's very busy with watercraft and so forth.  I will be returning in the spring and summer, as it is a great place for water fowl.

I had to lie on the ground to get this shot.  Needless to say, my pants were soaked and dirty.  But I got my shot.


f/2.8 and 1/40 sec ( I was braced on the ground so it was easy to hand hold).  ISO is 800 because of the lack of light this early and I didn't want to go slower than 1/80.  45mm on my 24-70 lens.  Adjusted the white balance and bumped up the contrast a bit.  Simple 5x7 crop as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment