Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Project 365 - Day 51 - Aren't you glad ...

So, I tried my hand at a little bit of abstract photography today.  It's not a bad start, but it does need some work.  Anyone guess what today's shot is?

I took the bananas off their hook and placed them on their side.  I couldn't get a good shot of them all as a bunch that didn't look like a photo of bananas - something you might see in a grocery store flyer or something.  I wasn't happy with it, and it's not the first time I have tried to shoot bananas.  Something I learned in Banff from one of the instructors was when the shot isn't working, get in closer.  So I did.

60mm macro lens (again) and up nice and close.  Off camera flash.  f/40 at 10 seconds.   ISO is 400 since I have the tripod anyway.

Oh yeah, I also turned it to greyscale.  I tried bumping the colours around, but it turns out that Mother Nature got this one right.  The brown and black spots contrast very nicely with the yellow banana.

Here's the shot:


Okay spring, any time now ... I want to shoot bugs and flowers and buds on trees and birds ...  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment