Friday, February 8, 2013

Project 365 - Day 39 - Snomageddon

The GTA was hit with a snow storm today, more snow in one storm than we have had since 2008.  I had a 2 hour commute into work, and then a 2 1/2 hour commute home.  Upon reaching home, I was welcomed with 14 inches of white fluffy snow that I had to clear from the driveway.  I also got stuck trying to get my car into the driveway as well.  Sonia got home before me and managed to get the van pulled about half way up and she had already started clearing the snow.  So we worked together for the next hour and got it all cleared out.

So, what do I want to shoot today?  Surely not snow.  Surely, I would have had enough of the white stuff after the almost 5 hours of driving.  But what can I say, when life gives you lemons ...

Today's shot was not what I was initially going for.  The drive took it out of me today, and I also have a cold which has my energy level pretty low.  So I was really drawing a blank.  Sonia suggested I go back outside - after getting all nice and warm - and shoot the trees in the backyard.  What can I say, she was right.

Here's the shot.


It was tough to get this, as the branch was moving with the wind.  The lighting is a single speedlight camera let.

Apparently it is supposed to be 6 deg and raining on Monday, so all of this new snow will be gone - well most of it anyway.  This is all the snow I need, a photo on a blog.  Bring on spring... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment