Friday, February 22, 2013

Project 365 - Day 53 - Rainbow

Have you ever looked at the silver side of a DVD or CD?  Do you notice the way the light is caught in the surface of the disc and refracts to create a sort of rainbow?   Today's shot attempts to capture that light.

I put a DVD on the kitchen counter on a piece of white paper.  Then I took a black surface and placed it behind the DVD.  I propped the DVD on a lens cover from my 60mm lens.  This allowed the DVD to catch the halogen lights from my kitchen.

The black surface created a neutral reflection in the DVD, bringing it to black as this is not the part of the photo that contains the interest.  I got in close and shot on an angle so that the rainbow effect was running through the pic diagonally.

Post work was flipping the image horizontally so that DVD +R was oriented the proper way.  Remember, this is the underside of the DVD, but looked wrong the way I shot it.  Slight crop on this one.  1.6s at f/29.


No comments:

Post a Comment