Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Project 365 - Day 43 - Mystic Monkeys

See No Evil
Hear No Evil
Speak No Evil

These monkeys look down on me every time I am at the computer at home, making sure my moral compass is always pointed at "good".  (You can read more about the monkeys here). 

But today's picture is not about monkeys, or proverbs, or turning a blind eye - no, today's picture is about depth of field.

In our basic photography class - oh so many many moons ago - we learned about depth of field.  One of our assignments was to place three objects in a diagonal line and shoot with all three visible.  We had to make the first one clear, while blurring out the other two.  Then we had to make the last one clear - again blurring out the other two.  The third pic, as you may have guessed, was the middle one clear while blurring out the others.  I used my McFarlane hockey guys for that shot and scored excellent marks.

I always saw this technique done, and now I learned how to actually do it thanks to that class.

The image today is a version of the third image that was assigned that day.  ISO400, F/5 at 1/250.  Off camera flash is to the right creating a harsh light.

Voici l'image


Pretty much as shot - just a crop to get rid of some dead space above monkey #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment