Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Project 365 - Day 44 - Bark at the moon

I have always wanted to do a moon shot.  Today's moon was impossible to resist.  Although the shot is not exactly what I wanted, and it's far from perfect due to my lens choice (which ultimately is due to my lens collection) it is a start.

I used my Tamron 18-270 on this one, zoomed out to 270mm.  Manual focus, as this lens does not like to focus in low light - let alone dark.  F/6.3 and 1/25 shutter.  Camera was sitting on a tripod - and it seemed like the moon was screaming across the sky.  I didn't realize it moved that quickly, I guess it's on a lower angle these days.

I am likely going to rent a long lens when I go camping this year, so that I can get a good shot of the moon on a clear night.  That shot is on my bucket list.  I don't have a good enough lens right now to capture it properly.

Here's today's shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment