Monday, February 11, 2013

Project 365 - Day 42 - Orange you glad

The Oakville Photography club has a new facebook group geared to help people with their photography.  It's a place where you can post your photos and get feedback - constructive criticism to help you with your hobby, or in some cases obsession ... :-)

The first "theme" for photographs is Orange.  During my recent trip with Omar D'Angelo, we discussed what to shoot.  I said that I was going to go literal, shoot an orange with my macro.  Omar suggested placing a lemon behind it or contrast.  Voila, today's shot...

I wanted dramatic light, so I resorted to off camera light and a little light painting for fill light.  Also, with the Macro being so close, I needed to close down the aperture and slow the shutter to allow me to get more of the orange in focus.

25s shutter, f/45, and ISO400.


Sure is orange.  But do you want to know a secret?  It's actually a mandarin... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment